You're invited to our first ever Morning Market Pop-up in conjunction with Earth Day, featuring our friends from Bewilder, Soil Social, FIN Crafted Goods and Soda Lemon - who’ll be there to showcase and share their works that involve regeneration, repurposing and recycling.
Take part in our "trash-for-cash" initiative where you’ll be able to trade your haul of used capsules and other recyclables for Morning Rewards credit, to fuel yourself with even more coffee from our Marketplace. Check out our recycling "exchange rates" below.
While you discover our latest range of coffee capsules, experience the Morning Machine in person and enjoy some tipples (beer brought to you by Off Day Beer) + nibbles on us.
Don't forget to BYO bags or carriers.
Register here! (form loading...)
Bewilder is a Singapore-based Mycological Design Studio that seeks to explore the potential applications of the Fungi Kingdom in our current world - from being a sustainable food source, to making accessories and grown into beautiful art installations.
Come hear about the spores they're spreading, see their cool mycelium lamps in person or buy their mushroom grow kits to do it yourself at home.
Soil Social began with a vision to make a change in the gardening and landscaping scene in Singapore, by reducing and upcycling local waste into high quality plant food.
They will be on site to share about the rich compost that they handcraft and will be showcasing between 2-3pm on how you can do it at home with urban waste like coffee grounds.
Apart from their compost and specialised soil mix which you can purchase, they'll also feature their specially curated Plant Islands grown in Kokedama moss balls for retail.
FIN Crafted Goods
Menders and makers - FIN Crafted Goods (FIN) is a workshop and studio creating simple and functional items with a mottainai (wasting nothing) ethos in mind. Helmed by Fahmy and Erliana, FIN works to connect fashion with sustainability through repurposing products and teaching visible mending.
Check out their handstitched goods - such as their Fugu bags and Boro coin pouches made from repurposed fabric and denim scraps which will be on display and to purchase.
With collaboration and education, Soda Lemon seeks to reduce our environmental impact through salvaging glass waste to upcycle and give them a new lease of life. They carefully cut, sand, polish used glass to bring you quality, handcrafted glass pieces.
Their ready-made glass pieces will be on display and can also be purchased at the market pop-up. Furthermore, the glass bottles collected from this event's recycling initiative will be passed on to Soda Lemon for their upcycling efforts.
Trash-for-cash Recycling Initiative
Start collecting all your used capsules, glass or plastic bottles and bring them down to the event itself to exchange for Morning Reward credits to shop from the Morning Marketplace. You won’t find a better deal elsewhere!
Important things to note about recycling:
- Separate and store your used capsules based on their materials (aluminium and compostable) in a sealed disposable bag. See image example below.
- For compostable capsules with aluminium seals - Aluminium lids have to be removed from the compostable casings and disposed of separately.
- Empty, clean and rinse all bottles and cans and ensure that they are free of any liquid or waste. Deliver glass bottles safely in a box or crate if possible.
- Ensure that plastic bottles brought for recycling are made of plastic with recycling symbols 01 - PET, 02 - HDPE and 05 - PP (check bottom of item).
- Remove any labels or stickers from recycled bottles.
- Morning Rewards credit can be used for both on-site and online purchases from the Morning Marketplace.
- Morning Rewards credit are non-transferable.
- Be sure to have an account registered with us for ease of Morning Rewards credit redemption.
Separate used capsules based on their materials (aluminium or compostable)
BTV x Morning Machine Giveaway
Simply take part in our "Trash-for-cash" recycling initiative at our Morning Market Pop-up on 23rd April Saturday 2022 from 11am-6pm to be entered into a draw to win a limited BTV x Morning Machine Cobalt colourway x 1 (valued at SGD$590)!
No purchase is necessary, just drop-off your recyclables at our recycling counter and are credited your Morning Rewards into your account.
The winner will be selected through a random draw conducted by the Morning Marketing team separate from the event and announced remotely. Winner will be contacted via email with collection details.
Please refer to the full terms & conditions for this giveaway here: https://tinyurl.com/2p8ds4cj
Other event information:
- Current Covid-19 Safe Management Measures still apply.
- All visitors are required to check-in at the entrance of the event.
- Masks have to kept on at all times when not consuming food or beverage.
- Please do not attend the event if you are unwell or have been in close contact with anyone that was tested positive for covid-19.
- Preferred payment terms: Cashless (PayNow)