It’s that time of the year again where we celebrate the most important woman in our lives (although we believe that it should be Mother’s day everyday), and we think that the best gift you can give to Mum is a handmade meal!
We’ve recently partnered with Uglisabi (@uglisabi), who had come up with a special Mother’s Day treat - Cardamom Coffee Waffles topped with Coffee Chantilly and a Coffee Syrup, all made with coffee from our Bread & Butter Capsules.
I mean, who doesn’t love waffles? And coffee?
So put on your aprons and start whipping up this treat for Mum with the Uglisabi's recipe below!
- 1 2/3 cups self raising flour
- 1/3 cup diastatic malt powder
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 440 ml milk
- 2 30ml espresso shots (using Morning’s Bread & Butter blend or alternatively another full-bodied coffee capsule), brewed and cooled down
- 63 ml safflower oil
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pearl sugar
- Sift flour, malt, cocoa, sugar, a pinch of salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the milk, espresso, oil, vanilla and eggs well.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mix and pour the wet ingredients in. Mix well making sure there are no more lumps.
- Fold in the pearl sugar.
- Leave the batter to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat and grease your waffle iron, pour the batter, making sure all nooks are covered.
- Cook to your desired doneness, take it off the waffle iron.
- Keep in the warmer on a wire rack until ready to serve.
- 2 30ml espresso shots
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Boil all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stir well and reduce until mixture is slightly thick and glossy. Pour into a small glass jar to cool.
Cardamom Coffee Chantilly
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp coffee syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Put cream, syrup, vanilla and a pinch of salt into a medium bowl and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Optional: Prepare some chopped almonds as toppings for that extra crunch.
Place the waffle on your fanciest plate, spoon on the Chantilly, pour the syrup around the waffles and lastly, sprinkle on some chopped almonds and you are ready to serve.
Happy Mother's Day!
Recipe by Uglisabi